How we use and protect your data
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. Whilst we will keep all of your personal information confidential, we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances as set out within this policy. We confirm that we will keep the information on a secure server and that we will comply fully with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation and regulations in force from time to time.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can telephone 01395 513503.
Who are we?
We are Sidmouth Hotels and Inn Limited, a privately owned limited group
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about services, if you directly give us any information via forms, if you make booking or purchase or if you sign up to receive email newsletters.
What type of information is collected from you?
In running and operating the business, we may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this site. Your privacy is important to us and we confirm that we will never release your personal details to any third party for their mailing or marketing purposes. The data that we collect is detailed below:
- Information you provide in order to enter a competition or promotion via the site, complete a survey, or if you report a problem with the site.
- Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use the website. This may also include the resources that you access, and information about where you are on the internet including the domain type, IP address and URL that you came from. This information is collected and used for our internal research purposes and to improve our customer service.
- The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed.
- Information you provide to us by sending us a message through our website and information provided to us when you communicate with us electronically for any reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email and other correspondence.
- Information that you provide us as a result of filling in forms on our website, such as registering for information or making a purchase.
If you make a purchase from us, your card information is held secure on our reservation software.
We may collect information about your computer, including but not limited to (where available), your IP address, operating system and browser type for administration purposes and to produce internal reports. This is statistical data relating to a web user’s browsing actions and patterns and does not specifically identify you as an individual.
How is your information used?
We may use your information:
- to ensure that the content on the site is presented in the most efficient way for you and the computer that you are using;
- to enable you to participate in interactive features of the site;
- to provide you with information relating to our website, product or our services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information on other products that we feel may be of interest to you in line with those you have previously expressed an interest in via our website;
- to process a booking you have made;
- to meet our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- for dealing with entries into a competition;
- to seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- to notify you about any changes to our website, including improvements, and service or product changes;
- to send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about stays, events, promotions, offers, job offers, information about the hotel and the surrounding area and replies to requests and bookings enquiries/confirmations
- for our internal purposes including statistical or survey purposes, quality control, site performance and evaluation in order to improve our website;
- to administer this website; and
- if you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process payments and send you email). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond Sidmouth Hotels & Inn for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
How Do I opt out?
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. We will not make contact with you unless you have opted in. If then, you no longer want to receive direct marketing communications from us about the hotels, then you can change your preferences or completely unsubscribe in one of two ways:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of marketing emails sent to you
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01395 513503 and we will process your request within 7 days
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post, email, phone or text message if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: email@example.com, or write to us at: Sidmouth Hotels, The Esplanade, Sidmouth, Devon, EX10 8AT Alternatively, you can telephone 01395 513503.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Sidmouth Hotels Ltd hold about you.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with 128 Bit encryption on SSL across the entire website. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear in the address bar of modern web browsers.
Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Use of ‘cookies’
We may also use the cookies to gather information about your general internet use to further assist is in developing our website. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive and then stored there and transferred to us where appropriate to help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
It is possible to switch off cookies by adjusting your browser preferences or using a dedicated browser extension.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you were referred to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Those aged 16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Third Party Processing
If Sidmouth Hotels & Inn Ltd Limited utilises the services of third party organisations to process your personal data. As the data controller, Sidmouth Hotels & Inns Ltd determines the purposes and means of the processing of your personal data. Where your data is processed by any third party, that third party is a processor under the GDPR. We confirm that we take steps in order to ensure that this data is processed lawfully under the law in accordance with each agreement that we have in place with each processor.
If you wish to see all third-party processors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly send you a current list.
Review of this Policy